Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Revolt don't moan

They came for the schools-I do not have children, I did nothing.
They came for the local hospital -I am healthy, I did nothing.
They came for the council estate- I have a house, I did nothing.
They came for the pensions - I am working, I did nothing.
They came for the unions - I am not a member, I did nothing.
They came for the benefits - I do not claim, I did nothing.

They said Big Society, Low taxes- I said great.
They blamed it on immigrants- I am white, I said nothing.
They blamed it on the Greeks and Spanish who are fighting back- I saw nothing.
They said the tabloids said it was everyone else's fault- I nodded.

Then came the cuts.
Then came the poverty.
Then came the unemployment.
Then came the strikes.

Perhaps I should have said something.
Perhaps I should have done something.
Perhaps I should have joined WITH those who blame the bankers, the Con Dems and the system.
The royal wedding is over now on with the right royal revolt. It is not too late.

SO BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
WE MUST ALL DO SOMETHING
WE MUST AND ARE ALL FIGHTING BACK.

The unions and the people
The youth and the poor
The women and all ethnic communities
Together we wont take any more.

No racism, no scapegoating
No Islamaphobia or homophobia
United together
We can change it so it never gets through the door.

From Egypt to Greece
From Spain to Syria
In Gaza and Ramallah
The people say enough.
Now we too say go

The deficit is their problem
The cuts we reject.
A new world comes calling
The environment demands help.

They say one world, one people
Capitalism tries to divide all
So reach for your banners and march
We fight for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment