Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Turning Point

 
Transition Town Worthing ( TTW) will be screening Worthing's first ever showing of The Turning Point in 13 days time . . .
 
What other people have said about the film:
 
"This is the most positive and uplifting of all the films I have seen about climate change. Great to see that there is another way and that a whole community is already living it. Beautifully shot and clipped. The balance is perfect - interchanging gracefully between the experts and the community examples." Gordon McAlpine, Findhorn, Scotland
"It was so amazing to see it on the big screen, and that people responded so well to it. Standing ovation, wow!  I really think you have something very special here, very special indeed. This is a film that made me feel hopeful; that gave me a clear idea of how I can move forward in my life in respect of these issues; and that I was so inspired I finally made a commitment to having an allotment, hurray!" Jane Duncan Rogers, Forres, Scotland
This very positive and inspirational film is being screened at the Quaker Meeting House, rear of 34 Mill Road, Worthing. It is an excellent way to start 2011! Doors open at 7pm, film screening at 7.30pm. We'll also be discussing what Transition Town Worthing is currently involved in and what projects you can join in the local community. All welcome. Suggested donation £3. 
 


'Our core purpose is to engage the local community in responding creatively and positively to the twin challenges of climate change and the end of cheap oil.'

No comments:

Post a Comment